Wood can be a beautiful thing in any house. Trees are wonderful parts of nature and they continue to produce wonderful habitats for us to live in or do business in. Some wooden pieces last for decades if they’re treated carefully and taken care of.
Wood needs as much maintenance as any other piece of furniture, but they can be more sensitive than other things. Since wood is porous, it can be subject to water damage. If water is absorbed into wood, it is very difficult to save it, so make sure you do what you can to protect it.
One thing that Damage Control 911 recommends to do is to use a waterproof sealant. These liquids can be brushed over the wood, whether it’s furniture for inside or outside. It will cover the pores inside the wood and keep the water on the outside. If you don’t do that, the water will get in and that will lead to things like mold and mildew growth.
Once that happens, it’s likely you won’t be able to save it at all. Mold grows on or in anything that can provide nutrients and warmth, so wooden furniture and flooring are proper areas for mold to grow. Do what you can with your wood and make sure you apply waterproofing to it.